Entities with Google accounts can now claim their knowledge panels to gain complete access over the information that it contains. So if you are a brand that is large enough to trigger a knowledge panel, go ahead and create your own Google knowledge panel today.
How to Claim?
- Make sure you have a Google account.
- Search for your entity in the Google search box.
- Scroll to the very bottom and click on the ‘claim this knowledge panel’ button which will direct you to the entity verification page.
- Verify your entity by signing in to your listed official site/profile.
- Search Console
- Review the displayed information, once the features are granted post verification.
Remember: Use the most accurate and engaging information about your entity while you review it. Information that shows up on search (images, stats, facts, etc.) can be changed accordingly.
Outcome: Since Google has depreciated the importance of structured data markup for knowledge panels, this is the easiest and latest way of getting your company details updated. So make sure you claim your panel right away!